Father's Day Gift Ideas
Father’s Day is a time to appreciate everything our Dads have done for us. They teach us to ride a bike with no training wheels, change a tire, and they walk us down the aisle. With Father’s Day coming up this Sunday, many of us are scrambling to find the perfect gift for Dad. Instead of another tie or a “World Greatest Dad” shirt, get your father a gift from one of our great local businesses:
- Does Dad have a sweet tooth? Order him some cookies from Thelma’s Treats. Located in the heart of Des Moines, Thelma’s offers fresh cookies served right out of the oven and also serves delicious ice cream sandwiches!
- Is Dad a sportsman? Take him for a day of archery at A&S Archery in Grimes. Whether he’s a beginner or an expert, the indoor archery range is sure to provide a day of fun for you and your father.
- Looking for good eats? Main Street Café and Bakery in Ankeny has you and your dad covered. From French toast to steak sandwiches, Main Street is sure to please Dad for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Want to take Dad out for dinner and drinks? Draught House 50 is the place to be. The restaurant, seated in West Des Moines, has a variety of burgers and brews that are sure to pique Dad’s interest.
- Does Dad like to golf? Hit the greens with Dad at Fox Ridge Golf Course in Dike! Whether you play all 18 holes or stop after 9, you’re sure to have a great time soaking up some sunshine and golfing with Dad.
- Is Dad a tech geek? Take him over to iTech in Cedar Falls. iTech has a variety of Apple products ranging from iPads to headphones your Dad is sure to love!
- Looking to give Dad a relaxing Father’s Day? Take him to Cup of Joe, located on Main Street in Cedar Falls, for a cup of coffee and a sweet treat. He’s sure to love the vintage 1950s atmosphere and the homemade baked goodies!
Lincoln Savings Bank is proud to work with all the businesses in our communities that offer these great products and services. Whatever you get Dad this year, make sure to remember that the holiday is about spending time with your father and appreciating all he has done for you. We wouldn’t be the bank we are today without the support of all the fathers and role models in our branches and our communities.