Secure Online Banking
Lincoln Savings Bank (LSB) takes the privacy and security of our customer data very seriously. With our recent online banking upgrade, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of protecting your personal information when using online banking. Federal financial regulators report that there has been an increase in the amount of cyber-criminals posing as financial institutions to target customers.
Here are a few steps you can take to help ensure the security of your online transactions.
- Remember that LSB will never e-mail, call or otherwise ask you for your online banking password or other electronic banking credentials. We may request your Login ID if you contact us for an online banking support request, though.
- Create a unique Login ID and Password using upper and lower case letters and also numbers. If you still use a "709" number for your Login ID, we encourage you to change that to something different. You can change that within online banking by clicking "Security" under the Preferences menu. You can also call us at 800-588-7551 to update your Login ID.
- Periodically change your password.
- Use a firewall and anti-virus software on your personal computer.
- Logout when you have finished your transactions. Do not just close the page.
Since commercial accounts are often targeted by thieves, LSB recommends each business take extra precaution and conduct their own risk assessment for online banking. We also recommend that businesses implement internal controls for any employees that have access to the business' online banking accounts. These controls may include; password requirements, background checks, employee termination procedures, internal audits by a 3rd party, etc.
The most important thing is that you contact us immediately if you feel as if your personal information has been compromised or if you discover any incorrect transactions on your account.