Social Security Seminar - Learn Strategies to Maximize Your Social Security Benefits
A secure, comfortable retirement is every worker's dream. And now because we're living longer, healthier lives, we can expect to spend more time in retirement than our parents and grandparents did. No matter what stage of your life you are in it is never too early to start planning. With the right strategy in place it is possible to achieve the dream of a secure, comfortable retirement.
Social Security will more than likely play a large part of your retirement plan. That being said most people don't take the time to fully understand the system and end up costing themselves dearly. If you’re a Baby Boomer, or at an age where retirement is not some distant reality, you probably have many questions about Social Security:
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize by benefits?
- Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
Please join us for one of our upcoming Social Security Seminars where we will be covering the basics of Social Security and discussing strategies for maximizing your benefits. Some of the main points that will be touched on include;
- 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits -- and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Decisions you make today can have a tremendous bearing on the total amount of benefits you receive over your lifetime. Don’t miss this valuable presentation designed to educate and insight the public about Social Security, so register to attend one of LSB’s upcoming seminars:
- Thursday, November 13 at Allison Public Library from 5:30 to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 18 at Greene Community Center from 5:30 to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 19 at Lincoln Savings Bank Tama Branch from 5:30 to 7:00 PM
Register online or call Sue at 319-268-9876 to reserve your spot. Seating is limited, so register soon!
Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC