Wedding Ins and Outs: The Small Stuff You Might Just Need to Know
As the saying goes, "It's all in the details." That statement is truer than ever when it comes to a wedding. Planning a wedding can be a huge task, and there are things that can fall through the cracks. However, Lincoln Savings Bank
wants to shine a light on these things so you can factor them in to your plans.
|Taking care of the minor details can help make your big day memorable |
Register at the Right Places
Don't leave this important aspect of your wedding to chance. Here are the top 3 places to register for your wedding:
- Bed, Bath and Beyond- fine tabletop and giftware, cookware, electronics
- JCPenny: kitchenware and bedding
- Kohl's: cookware, food prep supplies, bedding and bath
Everything may be fine and dandy until you get your wedding bill. Be sure to keep these unexpected costs in mind in the planning process:
- Sales tax- ranging from 6 to 10 percent, it adds up quickly, especially on larger purchases
- Gratuities and tips- from caterers to cake deliveries to hairdressers and others helping with your wedding, these can add up in a hurry
- Postage- while Forever stamps and a regular size envelope only cost 44 cents to mail, your specialized invitations and envelopes could cost up to a $1 per invite
- The guest list- since most expenses for guests are per person, more guests equals a higher bill
This is becoming more popular for those paying for a wedding. You've put down your deposit for the caterer, but what if they go out of business before your wedding? What if you have to reschedule because of weather or another natural disaster? It may seem like a pessimistic view, but these things can and do happen.
We hope that you find these items helpful when it comes to planning for your big day. You can always count on Lincoln Savings Bank
to help in any way that we can, whether it's helping with joint accounts or providing the means necessary to have the wedding you deserve. Please feel free to give us a call or come by any of our locations
to learn more!