A Waterloo native, Christy graduated from Waterloo West High School in 1996, then went on to Hawkeye Community College where she earned a Licensed Practical Nursing Diploma in 1998 and an Associate of Arts Degree in 2001. She was a 2006 graduate of the Iowa Bankers Association Leadership Institute Program. Christy also attended the University of Northern Iowa Executive Development Center Business and Management Certificate Program and graduated in 2009.
Christy has spent the last fifteen years working in the insurance and investment industry as a financial adviser and department manager. The last twelve and a half years has been in the Cedar Valley. Throughout her career, she developed a passion and skill for helping clients understand and pursue their insurance and financial goals. Her purpose is simple; to help people take care of their future financial needs and the needs of those who depend on them by providing them with sound financial advice through financial planning.
Prior to joining Lincoln Savings Bank in 2003, Christy worked for ING as a product specialist and as a fee based financial planner for Waddell & Reed in Des Moines, Iowa. She was promoted to Vice President Wealth Management Department Manager in October of 2006 and subsequently promoted to First Vice President in 2008 where she was responsible for leading the sales, marketing, and operational efforts of the financial consultants of the Wealth Management Division at LSB Financial. In 2016, Christy resumed her role as a full time financial advisor with LSB Financial.
Credentials & Awards/Honors:
- Registered LPL Investment Advisor Representative
- Series 6 Investment Products/Variable Contract Representative
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor Law
- Life and Health Insurance Licenses
- Series 6,63 and 65 securities registrations held through LPL Financial
- Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier 20 Under 40 recipient 2009
- YWCA Women of Persimmon Nominee 2009
- Association of Fundraising Professional National Philanthropic Heart Award Nominee 2012
Family & Favorites:
Christy and her husband James live in Waterloo with their six kids: Koda, Kierra, Tray, Sami, Landon and Maddie.
A Few of Christy's Favorites:
My adorable, sweet, saint of a husband James. My fearless, generous, silly, sweet, intelligent kiddos, Koda, Kierra, Tray, Sami, Landon, and Maddie. Traveling. Getting lost in a good book. Shopping trips to Sephora. Bath bombs and bubble bars from Lush. Dunkin Donuts Coffee. Star Gazer Lilies. Peonies. Hydrangeas. Warm, sunny beaches. Zion National Park. White Water Rafting. Hiking. Camping. Madeline Island. Being an aunt to some very awesome nieces and nephews. A good debate. Meditation. Writing. The quest for new knowledge. Getting to know new people. Impromptu dance parties with the kids in the kitchen. Trips to Guttenberg with my family. Watching the kids faces light up with pure joy while we are tubing on the boat or when they catch a fish. Our fur babies Neeko, Diego, Snowy, and Pudgie.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa:
- Board Member (2005-2013) Board Chair (2010-2012)
- Current fundraising/event committee member
- Iowa Bankers Association Leadership Institute Advisory Board Chair (2006-2007)
- Back to School Project Volunteer
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa Western Illinois Volunteer