Scott graduated with honors from Eastern Iowa Community College in 1997 with an AA in Marketing. He went on to earn his BA in Accounting with a minor in Ethics from the University of Northern Iowa. Scott also attended York College of Pennsylvania, where he studied Public Administration.
Scott started his financial services career in 1990 with a firm in Delaware that specialized in health insurance solutions. Scott is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional and was one of the first to be Certified in Long Term Care in the state. Scott has been published by several industry periodicals and was a contributing editor for "The Advisor's Guide to Long Term Care" published by the American Bar Association.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative
- Series 7 General Securities Representative
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law
- Life and Health Insurance License
- Series 6,7,63, and 66 securities registrations held through LPL Financial
Scott and his wife, Melanie, live on rural Cedar Falls acreage with their son Carson.